Monday, August 6, 2007

meetings!

big day at International Academy of Beijing! we met all the returning staff. what a group they have now! 30 teachers! and then all the support staff! pretty exciting place to be! after some boring meeting stuff I spent a bit of time setting up my classroom, which was TRES exciting! I also found a giant dead cockroach while I was moving furniture around! he's still there :) I didn't disturb his sleeping.

our apartment is ready but we need bedding first. and our bed is so GIANT that it's hard to find sheets. a friend took us to a market to get a foam pad for our mattress. it's amazing how much you can accomplish when you dont speak a common language but use sign language, and calculators :) there was also a cute kitten in this little shop, bouncing around. and it was pouring rain and the drainage in the streets SUCKS, so I was walking in deep, murky water. yuck. THEN we got dropped off by a taxi at somewhere we weren't expecting, but it was a mall we'd heard had good sheets, and we found our size! what a relief. so we got a really nice set and duvet cover.

we're slowly gathering the things we need to settle into our apartment. sometimes you're just exhausted from trying to communicate with people and get around in a city you don't know well. but for being here only 1 week, I think we're doing alright!

check Scott's facebook site for pictures....I can't manage to upload them here yet. AND I can't really LOOK at this blog, I can only make it. I think they've blocked these sites. hmm......interesting!!!

No comments: