Monday, November 12, 2007

first weekend apart....

yes, Scott and I actually spent a weekend apart! He wanted to help at youth camp. I was going to, but felt it might be too tiring, and I'd rather stay at home to relax and take care of some things. we both had good weekends. I went out for dinner with a co-worker then she came over and we watched Planet Earth (nerds!). On Saturday I went with another co-worker and her visitor to an Antiques market. so busy! and what a great big place! I didn't buy anything big because we don't want to accumulate many things here, but I found a couple of interesting small things. including a birthday present for Scott. I'll tell you about it later!

back at home I decided it was finally time to go out and buy a little vacuum. we'd talked about it but never actually gone to buy one! and I could go find what I wanted! I found a powerful little dust-buster...didn't realize how LOUD it was until I got home. but at least it sucks up a lot of dirt!

as I was cleaning this weekend I may have gotten a little excited about the power of bleach! I was looking at our ugly, tiny counter, and all the little stains it had...and I thought "I wonder if bleach would take this out?!" sure enough, as soon as I poured some on it started to clear up! cheap counters! how terrible. but at least it looks nice now.

I also took advantage of the weekend on my own to watch a girly movie (Girl with a Peral Earring) - based on a novel, about the Dutch painter Vermeer and his famous painting. I also slept very soundly this weekend! no one to wake me up with their snoring :)

anyways, I have some more marking to do before my class comes back from gym class.
ta-ta for now!

No comments: