Wednesday, July 2, 2008

HELLO CANADA

Yes, we've been visiting Canada now for 2 weeks. It was an unplanned trip, spurred on when I realized we had about 3 weeks with no plans, and I really needed a break. After sitting on the idea for 3 days, we went ahead and bought tickets, just 10 days before flying out. We've really enjoyed our time at home. It's been great to catch up with friends and family. Honestly, it doesn't feel like we've left! Facebook is great for helping us keep in touch. The biggest difference would be the kids - they sure grow and change a lot in a year.

Being home is nice and easy...everything just runs simply....not like life in China. Scott reminded me tonight that this is not all that life is meant to be...too much comfort, and you don't grow. I enjoy life in China when we're there, but it's sure nice to visit Canada. We've really appreciated the clear skies, clean air, GREEN everywhere, stars, sunsets, the list goes on. But I know that for now, God has called us to serve him in China. So in obedience, we return there next week. There are lots of adventures planned for this summer, and we look forward to another great school year.

Keep in touch!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog! I see you've been posting for awhile, but I didn't know :) It's nice to see you're doing well. I can't believe you were in Canada. I would have loved to see you! Hopefully someday soon.
Lots of love,
Stace