Sunday, March 7, 2010

It feels like I must apologize each time I post because it's been so long since the last one....but, I guess this is just how it is for now.

Time really goes so quickly when you're busy. Hard to believe it's March already, and that I'll be 29 this month! Only one more year left in my 20's!

School is wild and busy as usual. Lots of fun events. This past week we had "Dr. Seuss" day. I had the best costume of all the staff BY FAR! I wore a blue curly wig, a red jumper that Scott had made, and a round white sign on my chest that said.....can you guess?? "Thing 1"....from Cat in the Hat. Good times. Kids really loved it.

We've been craving warmer weather here, but without much luck. In fact, it's supposed to snow tomorrow, but it should be 9 degrees by Friday. Better warm up soon. The government heat usually turns off on March 15th!

In other news, we have a new rabbit. He was given to some friends that have a shop in the market. Poor guy was unwanted because he's grown already. So they called us and asked if we'd take him! He's been a lot of work because he's not neutered and has had some vicious fights with the rabbit who presently rules the back garden. So he lives in the big cage outside during the day, hangs around inside with us, and sleeps in a small cage inside at night. He can be naughty, but has a funny personality. Sometimes, for attention, he runs in circles around my feet. He likes being pet and will lay out flat if you start stroking him :) Good entertainment for us.

I've been running more recently. I signed up to do the 10k in Grimsby on Tuesday June 29th. Anyone else wanna join? My goal is to be faster than the last one we did. Scott plans on joining me, but I warned him that he can't hold me back! (I've been running all winter and he hasn't run with me for a long time).

There have been a few moments in the past few weeks that I've longed to be home. I wish I could be closer to some of my friends that are going through hard times. I also wish I could be part of the celebrations in my family with all the new babies arriving. But, I know that God provides for all our needs since he has us here.

To him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine...

No comments: