Monday, March 15, 2010

snowing in March

This has got to be the longest winter I've experienced in a long time! (besides our 3 weeks in the Philippines). We had snow on November 1st and yesterday, March 14th it snowed again! And it's cold outside so it's still around! Honestly, we're all tired of it by now. Usually the cold weather is gone by now. In fact, the government usually shuts off the heat by today the 15th. They've been gracious enough to extend it for a week, or hopefully until it gets warmer.

The end of the 3rd quarter is upon us....meaning, only 3 months left of this year! I've listened to myself complain quite a bit lately and I've wondered why. I do love my job...I mostly enjoy working with the kids...but sometimes there are so many OTHER things going on that it feels like planning good lessons is the last thing I have time for! I have to fill out ESL forms, plan our Enrichment Week, go to 2 meetings and a dinner for our accreditation, arrange groups and write questions for the upcoming Brain Bowl, finish marking, write comments and complete the report cards...the list could go on. It's hard to love the job when I can't fully enjoy the kids. Nonetheless, our lord is still using us, and 3 parents have recently come to know him. That is definitely a passion booster.

On a more personal level, I'm actually considering becoming a vegetarian! Bet you didn't see that coming! We've been slowly reducing the amount of meat that we eat, and other factors are also contributing to this decision. It still feels like a journey I'm on whether or not to fully commit to it. I'm doing some reading and pondering it all. Will keep you posted... :)

I still managed to go for a run today and worked out 'til almost 6, thinking Scott was at a soccer game. But he was home. His game was canceled because of the ice and snow on the field. But my phone was also dead so I didn't get his messages either. Late dinner of pasta with tomato/cream sauce, broccoli rabe and mushrooms with garlic. Yum!

No comments: