Tuesday, January 15, 2008

sucky cold week

basically this week sucks so far :) it's very cold. even a few minutes outside and you feel the nipping at your nose. but I'm thankful for the warm home I have. also, my teaching partner is away on holiday, and the guy subbing for her doesn't like to chat too much. I'm used to talking about everything with Jodee.

the puppy is alright. cute, but taking her sweet time getting adjusted to our home. still using our living room floor as a toilet. and her former mom came to say goodbye today as she flies out tomorrow. she had tears in her eyes as she took a few last pictures with her. they have really treated her like a baby. she even came with her own suitcase of things!

thankfully tomorrow is Wednesday, which means Cheap Chinese! a weekly gathering for a cheap meal with some friends after work. we also usually walk over to IKEA after for a 1 kuai ice-cream cone (1/7 of a dollar).

this weekend I'll be giving my testimony at church. Scott did his about a month ago. so I've got to plan for that. and I've got too much marking to do! plus plans for chinese new year, spelling bee and brain bowl. this semester really is going to fly by.

Scott is doing a chinese lesson, while I've just finished preparing songs for chapel tomorrow. Joy and I usually take turns. but she always plays the guitar :) the piano is in an awkward spot in the auditorium so I haven't played it yet.

bye for now!

1 comment:

Changs said...

no kidding...this week is sucky, sucky cold!!! hmmmm..yeah! Pr. you have peace about sharing your story...I was so nervous when I shared mine:>) I don't like public speaking much. See you sunday!