Monday, September 17, 2007

more change?!


YES, me and my hair were ready for a change! I was tired of how long it took to blow-dry, and how many long hairs were all over the floor! I'd been thinking about it for about a week. and after allowing Scott some time to get used to the idea, I took the plunge on Sunday afternoon.

It's nervewracking enough to cut off so much hair, but it's multiplied when I don't speak the language! I went in, looked and some magazines, picked a style, and we were off! once he started cutting my hair off (with many stares from other staff and customers), I began to wonder what I'd gotten myself into. because he seemed to be cutting it quite! after a few minutes of panic I calmed myself down, telling myself "it's only hair, it WILL grow back!" I wasn't truly satisfied with the cut until 2 hours later when he finally made my bangs and it all came together! I'm quite happy with the change! my head feels so much lighter!

some of the comments I got at school today were "I can't believe you trusted a chinese person to cut your hair!" and "did you want your hair that short?" hahaha.... some people here actually wait to get their hair cut until they go back home! whatever. it's no big deal.

I finally took the plunge and also went to the bank after school today! yes, it's actually quite an ordeal because it usually takes at least an hour. so I got my number, went and did some shopping then came back to continue waiting. finally an hour later my number was called and I paid the phone and water bills. and boy does it take a long time! so many little papers that she fills out and stamps, and I don't know what else she does. but it was only $16 for the past month of water and phone. pretty good!

by the way I'm still glad to hear of so many of you reading this!
love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia,

I love the hair cut! You are very brave but you are right - it is only hair. Is Scott wearing black or showing signs of mourning? :) Poor guy! Glad to hear you are having so much fun at school. Take good care Mrs. A ("A" for Adventurer!)-janice